Ladies Iver Johnson





I sold my Iver Johnson today. It was purchased by a bicycle artist from Colorado who has something to do with New Belgium Brewing Co. (Fat Tire Ale) Iver Johnson was an arms, motorcycle and bicycle manufacturer in Fitchburg, MA. A good ol' USA bicycle plant ! This bike is so cool. Skirt guard(still intact), chain-link treads, Mesenger No.1 saddle, stainless fenders, golden ring bell, wise-lock, Iver truss frame. There is a men's version in the National Bicycle Museum in Sparta, WI that matches this one. I purchased it about 15 years ago in Mercer, WI. They said it was from a wealthy family around Milwaukee. Iver Johnson made quality arms. An Iver Johnson pistol shot William McKinley and Robert Kennedy. Maybe we'll see it someday in a Fat Tire Advertisement? I'll miss her. But I'll always have the photos and the memories. Sad day . . . money isn't everything - but I need it for the military bike !!!!!

2 comments:

Bad Betsy said...

I that one spring or two on the seat?

Noot said...

Two springs - one that compresses and one that tries to be pulled apart - Classic !