Schwinn Heavyweight Frame circa: 1950

Schwinn made really good frames.  This Chicago-built model had it's share of abuse over the years - all by "yours truly" . . . I've ramped it, downhilled, curb jumped, crashed it . . . it's never cracked, maybe bent (I straightened the chain-stay once).  It's heavy. It's tough.  It's been Battle o' Britain Blue, Grass Green, Basic Black, Harley Hi-Heat Barrel Paint Silver . . . Now it's Cast Iron Brake Caliper Gray with Ivory One-Shot medieval shit . . . and an original Maschek Cycle (of Charles City) brass head badge. 

4 comments:

Hux said...

Quit talking bicycles and hit the pink weights!

Help said...

need some 22's a set of profile cranks 3 piece and a set of standard strip bars with a standard stem...be bad as hell then

lucky23design said...

I have a red 1961 Schwinn that I've had for decades. I'll never part with it(:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Whaaaaaaaa !!!!!