Falling in love with your own reflection . . .

When I was in college (BFA, U of Northern Iowa)  I learned lessons early on from Greek gods I had to study, and the mistakes they made.  If you find yourself leaning towards destruction, there's usually a story in Greek myth to set an example for you to follow.  All types of conditions and diseases are named after Greek gods.  The ancient Greeks were around for 2000 years, so they know what they're talking about.  I never finished my masters - and I never got a teaching position.  I became interested in motorcycles again, and never really looked back.  So now I have this body-of-work, of motorcycles. But, I did get a lesson early on from Narcissus.  Try not to get hooked like Narcissus did in the "Look at Me" syndrome.  It's a bitter pill to swallow, and you will miss out on all types of creativity to further your own ideas.  Don't forget to tell people the good job they did and how impressed you are with their builds.
It will benefit you in ways you never thought possible.

No comments: