That's What I Want . . .

1. The rear intake pushrod had a "grind" feeling to it when I spun it.  The ball end of the pushrod appeared to have some tiny flat spots on it - so I tried a different one (but it still felt weird, it didn't spin nice and free).  I noticed the cup-end of the tappet adjuster didn't fit the ball-end of the push rod very good, so I changed them both - now it spins free and easy after adjustment.  That's what I want.

2. Cleaned the carb real good and soaked the Intermediate needle jet to clean those little holes and blew everything out with compressed air.  This L-Carb works great on here - Starts great, everything. That's what I want . . .

3. I set the Intake Valves with very little clearance.  Tightened her up a bit so those big Branch ports are "right on" - crisp response.  That's what I want . . .

4. Exhaust valves a bit looser.  Make sure you can still push-in at the top on the pushrods, and the spring loaded rockers will pop them back out - you don't want them to stick in - that's the way I run them and don't have any problems - Many miles without adjustments.  That's what I want . . .

5. The mag is tight and solid, I can move it to retard for starting, but it's tight, (due to the o-ring under the mag body)  No leaks, and solid in the advanced position at high rpms.  That's what I want . . .

6. Stop light to stop light.  Flyin' low on an early ironhead stroker digger.  75 degree day, perfect air density,  20T trans gear . . . XLR pipes in my ears . . . acceleration, 60's style ! 
That's what I got.

No comments: