That's What I Want . . .
2. Cleaned the carb real good and soaked the Intermediate needle jet to clean those little holes and blew everything out with compressed air. This L-Carb works great on here - Starts great, everything. That's what I want . . .
3. I set the Intake Valves with very little clearance. Tightened her up a bit so those big Branch ports are "right on" - crisp response. That's what I want . . .
4. Exhaust valves a bit looser. Make sure you can still push-in at the top on the pushrods, and the spring loaded rockers will pop them back out - you don't want them to stick in - that's the way I run them and don't have any problems - Many miles without adjustments. That's what I want . . .
5. The mag is tight and solid, I can move it to retard for starting, but it's tight, (due to the o-ring under the mag body) No leaks, and solid in the advanced position at high rpms. That's what I want . . .
6. Stop light to stop light. Flyin' low on an early ironhead stroker digger. 75 degree day, perfect air density, 20T trans gear . . . XLR pipes in my ears . . . acceleration, 60's style !
That's what I got.
Posted by Noot