The cases have been repaired, welded and machined and bead blasted . . . now it needs some heli-coils and I'll check the races . . . see what we got here.
McFarland machined the aluminum "donut" which was pressed onto the existing (cracked) bearing boss. The crack was ground out, cleaned and then Pat Lehmann welded in our new, reinforced countershaft bearing support. I used an old bearing (loose fit plug) during welding operations (suggested by Jeff Wiley) to keep our bearing OD at approx. correct size for press fit of the new Torrington. It worked ! This will offer a stronger alternative to the stock case configuration . . . ready for Teach gear jammin' . . .