Scott Weiland - Newpaper Man

There's a neat article ( Search LA Times "When Scott Weiland Was A Newspaperman")  I worked as a Layout Artist at a university newspaper(same job as Weiland) in 1986-88.  This story made me smile, since I also rode my skateboard (across campus) to work.  It's sad when good people get hooked on drugs.  It seems some people handle their drugs better than others.  Maybe the drugs didn't have anything to do with his death . . . maybe they did?  But, when the local radio station recently did a tribute to Weiland, with an entire hour dedicated to the songs, it made me really realize what a talented musician he was . . . and how his music has rocked me and moved me since his voice hit the airwaves. 

1 comment:

Hux said...

My favorite Weiland quote.....


"People have this misconception about me," he said. "OK, I struggled with heroin and cocaine and I was a big rock star. But music is not what defines me. I'm a brother, a father (to Noah, 10, and Lucy, 8 ), a son and a person who's been in love with very few women." - Scott Weiland