Freezing Cold Solvent and Orange Goo



We know the temperature water freezes at . . . When does Safety Kleen solvent freeze?  It must be way down there?  It just burns your hands.  I don't like blowing off parts inside, since it flies all over everything.  I have a "special stand" for blowing off parts.  This job sucks.  Check the casting date code on this one.  Got to love that old, Orange Perma goo . . . I like the H-D Case Sealer - Gray (it's a nice gray color) available from your Harley-Davidson dealer.  Let it tack up for a few, assemble cases, let tack up a few more minutes, and it wipes clean and looks correct.  Comes as a tube in a box. Part No. 99650-02

2 comments:

Bastard said...

Working at home in California due to retirement...
Can't buy real solvent..So I use lamp oil..It's just
like the old mineral spirits we used to use 50 years
ago..Also, mixed with a little ATF it works great
when honing cylinders...Keep posting engine work PLEASE.
It inspires me to keep moving in my old age.....

Blind Melon, LBMC

Noot said...

Go Bastard ! You ain't done yet !