The Flat Tracker


I've had this thing runnin' about 6 times now.  I've rode it 3 times.  It's gettin' closer to completion.  It sounds great, and at 50+ years old now - the idea in my head to ride around a dirt track (and ride ice again) is fresh in my mind, but I just don't want to get hurt again.  I enjoy riding my street bikes so much, that twisting my knee, breaking a leg, etc. becomes more of a factor after you get older.  The thought of needing an electric starter on a motorcycle is what scares me the most.  I just need to hear this thing at revs, up against a wall on a dirt track somewhere - chest and leathers down on that low tank.  Rollin on - rollin off.  The slowest bike on the track 
That's my goal.

7 comments:

Hux said...

Still waiting.......

Bake said...

Fucking pussy...ride it. I get fuckers telling me everyday how easy it is....

Noot said...

Like I don't live dangerously enough ! You can't be a pussy riding shit I built at speed (parts fallin' off, etc)Ha. Hey Hux, you get that thing fired yet ?

PS. I got my #17 number plates ready.

R Moody said...

Ricky, you probably know Gene Payne...He owns and brings the worlds largest collection of KR racing machines to Barber's Vintage fest every OCT....Great guy,, sets up his huge rig in the upper Pits and displays about 40 or 50 yards of bikes,or as many as he can haul in his huge double stacker trailer,,behind his, maybe, 40ft. Motor Coach...He owns most all of Roger Reiman's bikes and stuff,,,even Roger's dad's little small tool box..A couple of years ago he told me made a deal with Clete Borchert,,,AKA "Old Dude Motorcycle Parts",, to get all his racing stuff including leathers..I'm just chiming in because of the great Picture of K on your blog this week..hope it's OK
Rod Moody
Gulf Shores, Al.

Noot said...

Rod, you're the best. Gene has a ball taking that stuff around, glad he does it for everyone to see. Any friend of the Model K, KR, KH, XLCH, etc. is a friend of mine.
I saw his Reiman stuff and chatted at Mama Tried. It's 70 and sunny in Iowa - Riding a K today !

R Moody said...

Lol...Ricky, you are the man...I'm still learning,,,,
Sorry I missed you over at Panama City..Damn !!!

Bake said...

Your right, ridin the shit you ride.... must have nine lives!! I don't consume chemicals that I know of, no fuckin way I would try to ride a bike with a hinge in the middle on a dirt track. Spend a couple G on the suspension, we'll talk then!