Borrani Front Runner

I found this at a late (Fall)swap meet.  The rim was tweaked, so I used a rubber hammer and got it much better.  I'll true it more, once I get the bearings and spacer installed.  I sourced some 15mm X 40mm(OD) ball bearings to match my current axle/hub combo.  I also sourced a 19" knobby (so I can use a bald, worn-out 19" Avon Speedmaster) for a tire liner.  Then possibly screw up a tire with 5/8" Kold Kutters for a front ice tire?  Going in circles on the ice on my KHK . . . sounds easier than it probably is . . .
Looks like somebody "peened" the bearings once-upon-a-time.  The new 40mm bearings I bought, after close measurements, should have some press fit.  I don't know what they had in there?  You don't want anything too nice on the ice, since it'll probably get "augured" and gouged by ice screws.  It's sorta outlaw around here.  Nobody uses fenders and all the cluttered, safety shit.  Shredded Carhartts and frayed pant legs are the fashion . . . .

No comments: