I've been sorting through boxes of a disassembled WR engine. I wasn't able to remove the tappet blocks by tapping with a brass hammer (they were installed with a very heavy press). I thought about leaving them in, since they felt ok . . . but then I noticed something. I had my machinist Jeff McFarland make me a special tool to remove the tappets. I put the ball bearings on the cam, and slipped the cover on too - so we don't "kink" anything when pressing on the cam. The previous engine builder had the Intake tappets installed incorrectly (since they're "site specific") and it wore the shoes all on one side.
Posted by Noot