Byron, Illinois Trip

I like to stop for a break on this dead end road, next to this fancy brick home.  Check my bungee cords, look things over.  I've gone about 120 miles on back roads(with a detour) at this point....
Nice scenery most of the way - winding through woods with some climbs to small towns on the top of hills.  Almost every little 'burg has a building that would make a really cool motorcycle shop !
My destination is the Meltdown Drags in Byron. Illinois - but I've seen 3 cars shows already along the way !
This is what it's all about today !
The moderate tail-wind made for some quick times.
Fun times just hangin' out with friends.
Luke is so funny, Maggie is just so cool - Thanks for the good times.
Most all the cars pulled the front wheels a bit . . .
My journey was right at 500 miles for the weekend.  Nice weather, not too hot.  Bike ran strong.  Next, I'll replace my worn front Avon Speedmaster, maybe stiffen the clutch springs, new cable, oil change, adjust the rear chain and re-lube.  It should be ready for the 1500 mile trip coming up ! 

No comments: