Full Throttle Saloon

Puddle of Mudd (dumb band name I always thought) has a few popular party anthems, and some decent jams.  I dig their tunes - and Wes Scantlin is a very good singer, player and songwriter - but can be a real dork when he's drinkin' . . . and a rap sheet a mile long to prove it.  But ol' Wes and his band were spot on tonite and gave an excellent live performance.  We were all quite impressed . . .
From side stage . . . once they started the show, here came the crowd and it filled up fast.  I'm havin' fun now choking down my roast beef and chuggin' those complimentary Corona Extras (I'll never learn).

After the Mudd . . . it got dark and Foghat banged out their string of hits.  The place was packed with headliner Cheap Trick coming up.  In between the regular "hot chic dance team deal" warmed up the crowd with plenty of flesh, fire and sex (and it was actually pretty awesome) as I was so zoned on all the babes - I forgot to take any pics for you - whoops !   Just tattoo'd on my memory !
You get all the Left, and all the Right, at the Sturgis.

Rockford, Illinois' Finest
Rick's traveling arsenal of axes.....whoa
Some bands aren't very good live - Not the case here . . .
Gilby Clarke jumped on stage for a guest jam session . . .
Robin Zander
One of the best singers in rock, for all these years. 
I wonder if he and Tom still have their XLCHs ?

I didn't get a guitar pick . . . which is pretty miraculous since hundreds get thrown out during every Cheap Trick Show . . . but R.N. made sure I didn't go home empty handed.  Thanks fellas.
 

No comments: