Decorah, Iowa Run

I took this old blacktop A46 all the way east . . . The weather started out kinda foggy and damp, and later turned to sun.  Back roads all the way...dodging Mennonite buggies fresh from Sunday church services.  Their horse-drawn buggies leave deposits - so stay alert or you may squash a clump.
This is a good spot to regroup, look at the map - and hope your bike starts - it did !
Pulpit Rock Brewing ain't bad . . . I sat outside and got stung my a bee.  My arm is all swelled to shit, and I just got the stinger dug out (after 18 hours) I didn't see it at first - but now it's almost tool late.

This DC11 Linkert works great.  It likes it best when the rpms are kept up, so when you see a hill coming - keep it pegged and in the upper power band - no problems.  My starting issue didn't come around on this run.  1 to 2 kicks max . . .
A stop near Bassett, Iowa to adjust my backpack . . . riding so fast, it got all shifted and kilter.  Low beam burnt on this trip - and back home I noticed no tail light or brake light.  This thing only has a 3 wires - so I should be able to figure it out.   Thanks to Shane Einck for the refeshments.  T-Bocks in Decorah has great grilled chesse sandwiches !  The Sugar Bowl wins for ice cream !  


1 comment:

Bastard said...

My President used to say "A properly tuned motorcycle starts in 1 or 2 kicks". A motivator to keep it in top shape.... Swats @ church if you let the club down..