Juice Brake on a Rigid

You'll need to weld a "backing plate stay" on the lower frame tail for the backing plate anchor stud to bolt to . . . (you can see the narrow, nylon insert lock nut I use).  I left the original (mechanical brake) stay (front middle) in case I want to go back to mechanical brake sometime.

I run a continuous (Russell brand) stainless, braided brake line all the way to a triple junction mounted off my rocker clutch up front.  The top outlet of my 3-way junction has the hydraulic brake light switch.(I use that late model little bugger, availaable at any H-D dealership.  They run 'em on all the new bikes.(I keep a spare in my tool kit in-case the switch would leak, you'd have no brakes !
The opposite side of the 3-way junction has another braided line to my master cylinder.

This is the larger(later) version of the Harley hydraulic brake drum.  Maybe 1968-1972, I think?

The round hook-deal is a bungee hook for when I load it up for travel !


No comments: