Indian Larry at Boondocks

I met Indian Larry one year at the Camel Roadhouse on Main Street in Sturgis. It was packed with bikers, standing room only. All of a sudden, here comes Larry and he's trying to get his motorcycle out through all the people. I start helping by pushing my way though the crowd to make way, with Larry behind me. Larry told me thank you, and that he was gettin' out of the rat race for a ride in the hills. Away they went (Larry and Paul Cox). To make a long story short, due to a change of events - we ended up at Boondocks together(ask me about it) . . . talking about ironhead Sportsters of all things ! Paul Cox snapped this photo for me as we waited for our cheeseburgers and fries (on my recommendations) Boondocks has damn good burgers & fries. He was telling me about cutting up the trophy for Biker Build-Off with Billy Lane before it even aired on television. Indian Larry is a legend and built some of the fastest and best handling choppers to ever hit the highway.

No comments: