Poker Run: THURSDAY - Swap: SATURDAY

Yak yak yak , , , ,
 . . . Talkin' Harley-Davidsons !
Chasing Steve and Renee - They go like hell !
Steve's '72 FLH is a runner . . .
Hardcore 'Nam Vet Gordy rides a '48 Panhead.
_________________________________________________________________
FRIDAY . . . I loaded the super Dodge with the WLA, boxes of parts, and hit the road for the Anamosa Vintage Meet at the National Museum.
Hot(95+) and windy, but who cares? 
I had a cooler of A&W, water and a few Summer Shantys. 
Booth Cost = $30.00
Gas: 45.00
Food: $8.00 (chopped brisket, slaw, pickle)
Bag o' Doritos: $2.50
Parts Sold: $240.00
Original Parts Cost: $160.00
Deal of the Day: 48 qts of H-D Oil for about $50.00
ABOVE: This '67 XLCH was about as original as it could get . . .
 

I stay at the same place each year(Alva's) with the owner of this knucklehead - and I never knew he owned it ?  Wow ! 
He owns this panhead too . . . Double Wow !
One of my favorites . . .
Dave Ohrt(left) stopped by too . . .  He asked me a few questions about my Harley 45, since he's building one for a television show episode of American Pickers (or his own show) not sure?  Lots of cell-phone pics.  People kept asking him, "Hey, you're that guy . . ."  Anyway, I hope my fuel line, transmission, linkage, etc. is correctly done, 'cause he's doing it like my bike . . . so stay tuned !  Dave's got my number, so if he needs help, I said call me up . . . I can see it now, my name on the dressing room trailer door . . . groupies, Betty Ford Clinic. . . .

No comments: