Biketoberfest Florida - No bikes for me . . .



My wife and I have been to Florida a few times during the Bikertoberfest fall motorcycle rally.  It's not really my scene, since it's all new bikes, new trikes . . . there is a swap meet that ain't too bad.  The bands are all the usual . . . it's just kinda like a rally for all the guys that just got their first Harley, which is ok for them, but not for me.  I still like the old time bikes, choppers, old stock stuff - motorcycles with more character that you have to work on sometimes . . . but it was fun anyway.   Hope everyone has a good fall, it's gonna get cold here as we all know - but a guy can always go someplace warm for a week if you get a chance or have the time, or have a few vacation days left ?




Bortell's Lounge is a good hangout.  I met Jack & Tiny from Vegas again.  They go from desert to ocean and back again - Their bike's chrome is rusty from salt - paint is faded from the sun . . . and back again.  They suggested Cape Canaveral for an educational trip.  Those rockets are incredible.  Astronauts are the greatest daredevils of all time, to endure outer space.  It was fun to fish, eat some good food, and enjoy the sun before the snow comes in again . . .





I never ate so much fish (ready for a hamburger) . . . Cheryl is great on a paddleboard (I fell off) since she went all over the place.  Fort Desoto was interesting.  Snead Point good for fishing.  Sebring Raceway was cool (they were running practice sessions) and those cars are so fast.  Not everyone gets to go places, so maybe it gave you a feeling of what it's like down there?  Hope you enjoyed the photos?





No comments: