1953 FL

I overheard an older gentleman at a swap meet ask a vendor if he could get him a new set of cases for his 1953 Harley Davidson. I asked him why? He said they were broke and someone welded them, but they were a mess.
He had owned the motorcycle for almost 40 years. It was pretty much all original. Well, to make a long story shorter, here is a pic of the completed engine after me and dad rebuilt it. It was a mess. Now it looks so sweet and it will run even sweeter. We did his transmission too. I'll probably get the rest of it eventually. There's extra work out there - just keep your ears open. She looks so purty . . . Makes a nice desktop background too.

2 comments:

Bad Betsy said...

I like the "Panhead" lic plate in the background. Did you plan that?

Anonymous said...

Big Noot and not so small Noot showing you old harleys never die bad Betsy I think the plate was a catch 22