1961 XLCH

Around 1990-93 . . . you couldn't find these decals anywhere.  I had to make the 3 color lay-overs with graphics pens in black.  I drew out the lettering, used a straight edge, etc.  All by hand.  The silver circle around the outside is supposed to be the same diameter all the way around.  I thought it looked better like a "Ring of Saturn" . . . The place that printed the decal for me was to make me about 10 sets - they made (1) and destroyed my originals.  You assholes !  Oh well . . . .

3 comments:

epinut said...

I still haven't seen them anywhere. Got 1 oem on ebay a while back, meaning to use it as an original & maybe get some made.

Most people seem to think that 61 & 62 used the same decal, not so... And the -62 repops I've seen looks pretty far from the oem's.

Noot said...

You're right.

Mr. G said...

Lucky they got rid of the originals, making your bike the only one of its kind.