I.S.A. (Iron Sportster Abuse)





This '68 XLCH I'm workin' on had seen it's fair share.  The "Corner" has already been replaced, which is common on these - and whoever did it, did a damn good job.  However, the tranny door is cracked (I've already ground it out, and it's being TIG'd today.  The trans race about fell right out, and it's broken up.  The pinion is now lapped for +.001 rollers (found some) - and I've got all kinds of other irons in the fire on this one.  We'll get an oversized race, press it and lap for standard size rollers.  These motors are fun.  It's probably been in nearly consistent use since it was new . . . and each owner has so much fun riding it - it was worth fixing each time.  And here we go again !

2 comments:

Help said...

Nothing like a sporty...I should buy another one.....I should have kept mine...

Anchor Motorsickle said...

Damn Seans motor was only held together with spit and bubble gum. Damn if it did not still make it to Des moines on its last voyage. Noot you got a gift sir.