GTX X X X X X ! ! ! ! ! !






Today I got to work and there's Darrel's 1968 Plymouth GTX factory ordered with 440ci and 4 speed transmission just sitting there with all the windows down.  Holy Shit it is so cool The first 41 years of my life I pretty much saw this same rusty, GTX running around town with Darrel or one of his boys behind the wheel.  Then, when it wouldn't go anymore - it sat outside beside the garage and began to erode away.  I'm sure many people tried to buy it.  Weeds all around.  Then, Darrel got a wild hair and had it restored - and he drives it again.  He told me this was an early '68 since it didn't have the turn signals on the top of the fenders yet . . . and I like his quart of oil under the brake pedal to keep the lights off when parked . . . Darrel said . . . "Oh yeah, gotta get that fixed . . . " Baby boomers had some cool shit in their day . . .  We get freakin' I Phones and a Prius . . . .

2 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Love, want, cool.

Booboo said...

I had a 69 roadrunner. Bought it in '76. Kept it for about 13 years. Was going to keep it as antique because even then I new the muscle cars would increase in value over time. Someone vandalized it and it just began to cost me more money to keep so I patched up the vandalism damage and sold it for $1900. In the condition I sold it, today would probably sell for 10 or $15k.