Wednesday WALK to work . . .












Why fire up the Dodge to walk a half mile?  I just throw on my Yak Trax (special traction footwear) and take off to the coffee shop.  I bid a "good-morning" to all the local businessmen and patrons of this fine establishment.  Then I'm off again, through Central Park (not shoveled? huh?), make a loop past the theatre and then duck into Car Quest - housed in the old vintage, deco Trowbridge Grocery Store building.  My friend Doug owns the building and runs the store.  More gossip, more coffee (now with a donut) and I continue this power-walk past more people waving and smiling - and starting their days with kids to school and having a job - and going to work.  I feel fortunate.  (PS. that's not my parking ticket)

1 comment:

pat said...

Very Cool Noot. Charles City sure has some neat buildings!