Head Onto The Highway - Lookin' For Adventure....

After gettin' through Iowa (sunshine) . . . the minute I hit South Dakota on Hwy 46(Beresford,SD) you could see the rain ahead.  Rats.
Above: The Dug Out Bar in Tripp, SD has ice cold _______.
Never seen it this muddy up here . . .
 

My rain suit went on at the Lake Francis Case lookout over the Missouri River.  I've rode up through those hills before when it looked like this - and you can't see crap.  I had this all shined up when I left . . .
Fog cleared . . . Sunny skies ahead !  Top gear - 75mph, leanin' back on the pack, one hand, panhead up sweeps in your ears singin' the sweet sounds - Nothin' better.  Hwy 44 thru Pine Ridge . . . . nobody out here but me . . . and the real native Americans. 
SD44 is well marked - and one of the most beautiful roads in America.  Rolling hills (and all is green this year from solid rainfall).  I stopped at every gas pump.  Never had to use my aluminum(reserve bottle) - and most fills took 1.5 to 1.7 gals.  Ave 40+mpg.   This was my 6th trip on this bike - and it runs strong as ever - No chain adjustments needed - and I think "it made oil" ???? as it seemed to be a bit higher than when I left home???  What the heck ?
I've been to The Wagon Wheel 20 times now . . . my 20th Run through this area.  It feels like home, and the friends I've met, I see every year, from bar owners to station owners.  Many locals who've helped me out over the years - great to see everyone again. My old panhead in a sea of dressers really gathers attention with other travelers.  Small gas tank, rigid - I get lots of respect, and meet so many good folks riding this motorcycle - I feel fortunate to travel on the old school customs of years ago, and be healthy enough to ride the damn thing ! 
This little area in the bottom of the Badlands is my spot.  There's no place like it on the planet.  I like to stop every year and just sit.  The earth is a beautiful place to live - I just wish more people would appreciate and respect mother earth.....

My trip to the rally every year is much more than the party, bikes, etc . . . but after a few of these stops - I'm ready to get down - Only about 100 miles to go . . . (gone 500 miles now)
What the heck, Let's Party !

. . . and party I did - right after I hooked up with these two crazy bloods.  The Dungeon Bar is where shit gets done.  The girls didn't know what to think of us . . .
 
 

No comments: