'52-'53 K Model Flywheel Assembly


I bought these (all rusty and locked up) at the Sturgis Swap Meet years ago.  I carried them all the way on my bike - restored them with new shafts, etc.  I tried to sell them, nobody wanted 'em . . . so I just found a set of cases (that need some welding) . . . so I may as well build a little motor.  I got cylinders, heads, transmission parts, all the special parts that are 52-53 only, like clutch hub clutch basket, kicker shaft and gear, transmission shafts . . . on and on.  There's hardly one part that will fit on a 52-53 K Model AND an ironhead Sportster.  The cylinder base nuts !  That's about it . . .

Wait:  The connecting rods are the same, wrist pins and clips.  If you think of something else, let me know and I'll explain why it won't work.

4 comments:

drsprocket said...

Noot, I have a rebuilt KH flywheels, rods, shafts, all done that I inherited if you know someone who needs it. Got it all packed in foam. I heard it won't fit a K and it won't fit a KR?

Noot said...

How much? It will have -54 on flywheels.

Noot said...

I can make it fit, but it takes a bit of machining(for the rod cut-outs) and you need the correct cylinders, adjusters, and a host of other tidbits . . .

drsprocket said...

Noot, I'll be over at the trailer early next week and I'll know more then. Stay tuned. I have other k stuff too. Selling it for a friend. Rich