15 Minutes of Fame

The artist Andy Warhol once stated that everyone is famous for 15 minutes. Mine happened twice. Once at the Eagle River World's Championship Snowmobile Derby and once at the World Series of Snowmobile Racing. My dad(Noot Sr.) was a tuner for a racer named Hickle. He was fast (still is pretty good) and rode Thunderjets and Yamaha SRXs and GPXs. I'd go along to the races, and soon was entered in the Junior program. I won my first race at Grand Forks, ND. I went on to win a few classes at Eagle River over the years - and the Waldheim World Series. For some reason I was good at it. I had concentration and focus. I worked out and was physically fit to go all out the entire race. My equipment was old, but fast. I lost an engine while leading Eagle River by a full straight-a-way one year. That really sucked - but, it makes a great story (otherwise it would be just another win). Everyone should get their 15 minutes. Eagle River is this weekend Jan 16th, 17th and 18th. Wish I was there racing again. (PS. Make sure you zoom in and check out my Nike Cortez sneakers, white with a red swoosh)

1 comment:

Bad Betsy said...

That ND jacket is bitchin'! 15 minutes of fame? Noot, you'll always be famous...or is that infamous?