Chevrolet 230 Inline 6

You know, with Chevrolet in such a bad predicament with the other American auto factories . . .my chevy may just fall into the same realm as the Studebaker, Tucker, AMC . . . and any other US automaker that ever built a respectful vehicle and then closed due to loss of market share. Maybe if they would have kept the inline 6 and made it smog resistant - they wouldn't be in this situation. This little SOB runs like a champ. Sure, I've had small blocks, big cams, big carbs and nitrous. I had it all set up to get a steel crank 327 and do it up good. Then I looked at my little inline 6. It's such a "driver." The thing gets 25 in town. I steamed the block, ported the head a little, comp cam, matched the intake, aluminum gear drive, a couple other tricks - and it's a fine running engine. I have a choke glitch - but, you can still get the parts from Car Quest. Once it revs up on the freeway - you can't even here it run - just a little wind whistle through the window. I could use a 700-R4, but the powerglide (with deep pan) works fine. See you on the boulevard !

No comments: