TECH TIP: DC Carburetor Jet

The DC-11 is an oddball.  They say it's for an XLR, but the more I research, it's just a replacement carburetor for any of the other DC-6,7,10, etc.  Anyway, I've had one for years.  I took it all apart and compared with a bunch of other DCs...and I can't find anything different - except someone had silver soldered the #4 jet shut, and redrilled it smaller.  I replaced it with a standard #4 (which is .057 hole) My float bowl was leaking, so I took it back off to reseal...and I thought, "I should just put that smaller jet in, see what it does."  Well, I was surprised - after a few screw adjustments - this thing now rips !  That jet does nothing more but feed fuel to passage regulated by that fuel screw up above(on top) that should be adjusted 1 1/2-2 1/2 turns out(w/#4 jet).  Now I need to run that screw at 4 1/2 to 5 turns out.  I see there's a #1 Jet (.052) available.  Maybe try one in your own DC if you're crazy enough to run one...and see what happens.  Next time I take my bowl off, I'll get the jet drills and see what size it is for sure . . .

3 comments:

Bastard said...

Glad you're back..

drsprocket said...

Ditto that!

Noot said...

Oh What the Hell . . .